If you love dance, you’ll probably be hitting the street to see some shows this fall and spring. But which are the best in the city? There are a lot of options to choose from. Nominated as outstanding works by the Bessie Awards’ Selection Committee, the following shows are must-sees:
- David Gordon: Open Rehearsals is a Danspace Project showing in Manhattan from Oct. 18th-Oct. 20th.
- Liz Santoro: Watch It is being put on by the Museum of Arts and Design from Nov. 15th-Nov. 17th.
- Ballet Hispanico at the Apollo will be showing on Saturday, Dec. 1st
- Yvonne Meier: The Shining by New York Live Arts will be in Manhattan from Dec. 11th-Dec. 22nd.
- Darrah Carr Dance: ModERIN shows from Nov. 16th-Nov. 18th.
- John Jasperse: Focus Dance/Gotham Arts Exchange will be at Joyce Theater just after the New Year, from Jan. 11th-Jan. 12th.
- Keely Garfield Dance: Buckafast’s Bee Bows Out shows in Queens this Spring from Mar. 13th-Mar. 16th.
- Souleymane Badolo: Buudou, BADOO, BADOLO from New York Live Arts debuts Apr. 25th and goes until Apr. 27th.
These eight shows are from an original set of ten nominated by The Bessies for being moving, outstanding works, choreographers, and companies. The Awards took place on Monday, October 15th at the Apollo Theater. For a full list of the nominees in each category, you can visit the DanceNYC website.